Welcome to politics in America 2017. There are basically two choices, the red republicans (aka GOP – Grand Old Party) and the blue democrats (DNC ?). As you can already guess, the more aggressive and proud party is the GOP while the DNC is the more sensible and emphatic one. As of late, the chasm that divides these two parties has grown larger and larger. Republicans are now more religious, more proud but also more stupid. On the other hand the democrats are getting more skeptic, more intelligent but also more weak. And this is a huge problem because each party decides to elect a more radical president each time. As in any unstable system, this will inevitably lead to a crash (maybe we are there already?).
“There is an ‘excusitis’ outbreak caused by so much petty thinking in politics”
In light of current events in politics the only plausible situation to stop the oscillations between radical candidates would be for both parties to tone it down. What this means for democrats is to stop being so complacent. While it is very true that the situation for disadvantaged groups is not at all fair as compared to other US citizens, it is also true that the prevailing attitude they have generated is a meek one. There is a sense of entitlement in Americans which is quite contrary to the values on which the country was founded.
People think they are owed a great job, think that they should get everything easy and without effort or suffering. As David Schwartz* would put it, there is an ‘excusitis’ outbreak caused by so much petty thinking in politics. While I think it is good that democrats fight for human rights equality, the attitude they inadvertently are fostering is having an excuse not to be all that you can be.
“They are not just dumb, they are incredibly confident dumb people.”
If democrats are growing weaker by the day, republicans are definitely growing dumber at twice the speed. All the data shows that income disparity is growing, that climate is changing, that H1B’s generate innovation needed in the US… And what do they do? Elect the most contrarian candidate which goes out of his way to shut down climate change policies, which restricts the H1B visas and which cuts funding to medicaid to give bigger tax breaks to business owners. You just can’t beat them at being retarded. They are not just dumb, they are extremely confident dumb people. I could go on ranting about the GOP for another several posts, but you get the point.
I think democrats will win the next elections given the current president’s polls. So it is up to them to learn a bit from the GOP and have a stronger image. Democrats need to rise to the occasion and take the lead combining the best of both worlds. Otherwise America is at risk of forgetting the great values that were embedded into its foundation.
* David Schwartz wrote this great book called the The Magic of Thinking Big. Highly recommended.
At AboutWorld we have recently come up with a unique DIY guide. Given our latest research into US politics (most notably on Why is Trump a Genius, US Economy and Fake News), we concluded that such a guide would be an easy next step. This is why we present to you our very own and first DIY guide: How to hijack a democracy in 3 simple and easy steps:
This step is probably the easiest for those of you who already have an evil plan in mind. As a first step, you should choose the democracy you want to hijack. Of course any democracy is doable, however there are easier and tougher ones. If you are a newbie at hijacking democracies, we suggest you pick one of the easier ones. While there isn’t (at least that we know of) a list out there ranking democracies by there hijackability, we do have a list of traits that might help you find an easy one:
- Patriotic: Yes, patriotism is one of the easiest ways to hijack a democracy. Patriotism is a feeling, and as such is fish to the marketing sharks. Patriotism has driven people to do the unthinkable. Diverging some of this drive to meet your needs should be easy once you target the right population with the right
- Radically religious: Similar to patriotism, but probably better. Radical religion has a tight grip on the population. Showing the right information aligned with the religion’s symbolism will make you nothing short of a puppet master. Great attribute if you want to hijack a democracy.
“After all, misleading Google algorithms is all about scale. And yes, maybe this step involves probably thousands of people generating fake accounts and fake content, but hey if you live in great dictatorial countries, you should be able to get enough bureaucrats to do it.”
- Low education: Yes, education will be the biggest blocker against your hijacking efforts. Acting like a self-defense mechanism, skepticism provided by education makes hijacking people’s opinions very difficult. Finding yourself a democracy with bad education standards will assure you an easy path towards your project.
- Disbelief in science: Populations who don’t really understand what science is all about will be the most likely to doubt it. These pockets of people are not hard to find, just search those who believe in things like homeopathy, that the earth is flat or that aliens discovered the transistor.
- Dumb people: In general, any democracy with enough dumb people should be easy to win over.
Read more “DIY: How to Hijack a Democracy in Three Easy Steps”
Coachella, Lollapalooza, Firefly, … you name it. All of them have been invaded by a new fashion among women to use glitter and jewels pasted on to the skin particularly around on top of the nipple and around the breast. It certainly gives these festivals a different vibe. Here at www.aboutworld.net we preoccupy ourselves with current world affairs, and could not let this one pass.
There’s definitely some of us who wonder how well body paint and glitter hold up to a day in the sun at a California music festival. But then again music festivals being the place for outrageous fashion choices, maybe sparkly knockers are just a natural evolution of style. And Instagram is loving it. I’ts been bustling with variations of design and intensity, with some sporting just a few coats of body paint and a dash of glitter, while others are rocking gems and mirrors and covering most of their torsos.
So far we have found everything from a very retro and disco looking boobs:
To some more sparkling and elaborate ones
To full torso decorations
Well hope you enjoyed our gallery of glittered boobs!